Thanks to The Broke and the Bookish for hosting this great feature!
Today’s topic is top ten authors of a specific genre. I’m doing my top ten favourite science fiction/fantasy authors.
- Neil Gaiman: This guy writes some of the most imaginative and original stories, effortlessly weaving myth and folklore into contemporary and urban settings. His Sandman Series remains an all time favourite of mine.
- Juliet Marillier: I fell in love with Marillier’s Celtic fantasy stories as a teenager and have enjoyed every book I’ve read by her.
- Caiseal Mor: Another Celtic fantasy writer I fell in love with as a teenager. His stories about the druids made me long to visit Ireland (which I finally did earlier this year!).
- Maggie Stiefvater: The Scorpio Races and The Raven Boys – absolutely wonderful writing and great characterisation.
- Philip K Dick: This man contributed so much to science fiction, no SF literary list would be complete without him and I really enjoy his books!
- David Mitchell: Technically Mitchell isn’t a genre author, but his genre-defying Cloud Atlas definitely lands him on my SF/F top ten list.
- Patrick Rothfuss: His epic fantasy is some of the best I’ve ever read.
- Poppy Z Brite: Although technically more horror or paranormal than fantasy, Lost Souls by Brite is still one of my all time favourite books.
- Edgar Allen Poe: More known for his horror and poetry, I actually really enjoy is twisted science fiction tales and the fantastical elements in all his writing.
- Stephen Lawhead: This man write fantastic historical fantasy. Loved everything I’ve read by him. I should definitely read some more…
Who are your top ten favourite authors?